Monday, February 5, 2007

Winter Sports

So I've been wanting to post this entry for a while but I'm still learning the ins and out of this blog thing...I had all these pictures that I wanted to share from my weekend but was having a hard time getting them to post.

Anyway here they are at last ...and here is a recap of my weekend...well a while ago now but still thought I'd share. All of these events seem like a lifetime ago but they were fun so I don't mind reliving them once again.

So Friday was a pretty quiet, Allison and I stayed in the apartment and had a girls night in (sans the guys) which was a nice change of pace. We didn't do much really just talked a lot, ate some candy and watched some really cheesy TV. It was a nice way to begin the weekend, relaxing and therapeutic. Saturday was a little hum-drum but I can't complain I got some chores and errands done and didn't have anything stressful to take care of. Sunday was a great day! My parents decided to come spend the afternoon with me and I hadn't seen them in a while so it was good to catch up. They met Allison after over 5 years, so that's good. We had a lovely lunch at Vinny T's where we dined on some delicious Italian cuisine. And there were plenty of left overs so I didn't have to cook for a while, THANKS GUYS!

Monday I took a vacation day and got to spend some time with Dave. I hadn't seen him in a week so it was nice to spend a whole day together, our schedules usually only allow us an evening here or there. So we spent the day doing some fun winter activities....like ice skating on the frog pond! We had gone one time earlier this winter but it wasn't exactly a success. This time around I really got the hang of things. Going during the day made for a much easier time I didn't have to worry about running into people or falling because I had plenty of time and space to do so. It was a rough start and I didn't want to let go of Dave's arm but once I did, I found my balance I was eager to go.




Here I am probably just before I fell...but hey you can't tell from the picture can you?
Dave had me laughing so much I thought I might tumble, but I held it together..well at least that time.



Here I am looking like a pro...winter Olympics here I come...ha ha.
So we spent a few hours out there on the ice...I think I found my "ice legs" if there is such a thing. Regardless I had a lot of fun and that's all that really matters.
This coming weekend I"m going to be trying my hand at another winter sport, snowboarding. I'm a little nervous, but Dave and I are going to take a lesson so it shouldn't be too hazardous at least that's what I keep telling myself. Don't worry Mom I promise to be safe and maybe I'll really like it and become a pro at that too. I doubt it but I am definitely willing to give it a try. We even convinced Allison to give it a whirl.
So I'll have to tell you how it goes...I'm sure it will be a little bumpy at first to say the least, hopefully the bumps will mostly be on the mountain and not on me.
love you all and give you an update soon!




























No comments: