Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!

So my roommates and I decided that it was high time we hosted a party in our humble abode. This will be my third year in the same apartment and still we have not held a party, so we figured it was high time. And what better occasion to have a party than Halloween? and a costume party to boot.

So Allison and I did some planning and thought of the food and the drink menu. We also did a lot of cleaning up and a whole bunch of decorating. The apartment looked great. There were cobwebs and spiders (that was after we cleaned up haha) and we also hung orange and purple lights. We found some candy corn candles and cute Halloween themed tablecloths. We moved furniture, rearranged the appliances and created a mini little bar area in our kitchen.

As for food we made cupcakes and decorated them with candy corn. We also had the bright idea to make sugar cookies and frost them. We found cookie cutters in the shape of a pumpkin, a ghost, and a kitty cat. So I made the dough at around 4pm the day of the party, unfortunately I didn't read the recipe thoroughly and missed the part that said the dough should be refrigerated for 3 hours. Oh well, we made due, put the dough in the icebox for an hour and a half and then threw it in the freezer briefly. They came out great and everybody loved them, and Allison and I learned that you have to refrigerate sugar cookie dough, haha.

So I couldn't tell you all of this without some pictures of the grand event, so here it goes.



Dave and I did our best to play the part of bartender but I think we made better pilots



The guys were rocking the fake moustaches all night



Lets not forget the ladies, Princess Allison and Red Sox maniac Shannon

I decided to get in on the wig action and sported the blond look for a while



While you may be distracted by the amazing dance moves, check out the decor in the background


Check out that handsome couple, who is that Dave's with...oh wait it's just me

The boys really got into the Halloween spirit. We have a construction worker of sorts, Dr Erik Jackson, Mario, and Captain Dave




My favorite Regis girls made the party oh so good


and here is Dave at his finest....you can all make fun of him later












So we had a good night....ate lots of candy had lots of sugary treats and enough chips and salsa for an army.

I hope you all have just as much fun this Halloween, I want to see pictures of your costumes the next time I'm home!

Love you lots, and miss you bunches!

~Katherine

1 comment:

shelbyisms said...

Your friend in the wig looks like Andy Samberg!