Friday, October 19, 2007

Wedding Weekend

This past weekend was a whirlwind. Dave and I celebrated his brother's wedding all over New Englad, well just Massachusetts and New Hampshire but hey there was a lot of traveling involved, and I wasn't even the one driving. (not because I didn't want to, but Dave has a standard, and I don't know how to drive it)

Friday I packed up all my stuff after work and Dave came to take me away for the weekend. I was worried I might forget something but luckily I remembered it all. I guess the dress was the biggie, and the camera! So back up to New Hampshire we went and met up with the rest of the gang (that being the Heffelfinger family).

Saturday was the big rehersal, we had to travel to Swampscott, MA and I got to watch the bridal party work through the ceremony. It was a big party, 6 bridesmaids and 7 ushers, and of course the bride and groom.


Here they are in all their glory. Picture courtesy of Dave's dad, another fine photographer (it runs in the family)





So the rehersal went rather smoothly and then we got to go have dinner. (I have to say that was my favorite part)The Heffelfingers treated us to a lovely seafood feast at a beautiful seaside restaurant. It was great, the bridal party got to mingle and relax before the big day and I got to meet everyone.

Back up to NH we went for a few hours of precious sleep. Then we had to get ready for the big day. Dave had a lot to do, being the best man and all. I got a preview of his toast and we gussied ourselves up to the best of our abilities.

So here are a few pictures from the big day, again courtesy of the ever so talented wedding photographer Steve Heffelfinger Sr. Don't you feel like you were there?

Here's the venue, not too shabby eh?


and the happy couple breathing a sigh of relief


And here is the proud family, first and foremost, Steve and Gisela the parents of the groom (The Heffs)



and their goofy sons, the groom and bestman (Steve Jr. and Dave)



Dave delivering his funny but ever so sweet toast to the new couple. Good job hun!

What would a wedding be without dancing? Dave and I demonstrating some of our best moves (you can laugh, it's ok)



some very happy couples, the new Mr. and Mrs. Heffelfinger (Steve and Elise)






now for everyone's favorite twosome Dave and Katherine (awww, goofballs)


I hope you all enjoyed the wedding, sorry I couldn't save you some cake, it was delicious!

Love you all!

~Katherine

1 comment:

Amy said...

I want a picture of the *whole* dress though! (PS--You guys weren't kidding about the Mom-to-Mom connection with our mom and Dave's mom...even the body language!)